Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vogon Poetry (the Books)


Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1979) Douglas Adams

"Oh freddled gruntbuggly..." he began. Spasms wracked Ford's body--this was worse than even he'd been prepared for.

"?...thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee."

"
Aaaaaaarggggghhhhhh!" went Ford Prefect, wrenching his head back as lumps of pain thumped through it. He could dimly see beside him Arthur lolling and rolling in his seat. He clenched his teeth.

"Groop I implore thee,"
continued the merciless Vogon, "my foonting turlingdromes."

His voice was rising to a horrible pitch of impassioned stridency. "And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,/ Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!" (Adams, pg. 59)

No comments:

Post a Comment